Thursday, August 6, 2009

Off to the Races


Hey there fellow NASCAR fans,

I'm packed and showered (never know what condition the bathroom will be in) and headed to Watkins Glen International Raceway for the "Heluva Good! Sour Cream Dip at the Glen" Long name for a road race. I hope the skies stay clear so I get plenty of candid pix of my favorite drivers to share. Who are they? For starts, as a romance writer you gotta love Carl Edwards. He's made cameo appearances in HQN and Harlequin series novels. I watched Jeff Gordon munch on his Wheaties at a Drivers Breakfast his rookie year, and right there and then decided I'd be a fan for life. And I have the picture to prove it! And who doesn't love DJ? Check out Dale Earnhardt Jr's My Space page. Love it, and him. Then there's the incredible Jimmy Johnson. Sigh.... The man is perfect. Speaking of perfect, did I tell you my tickets are for the McDonalds Family Zone? Richard Petty will make an appearance Sunday to sign autographs, and so will his #1 driver, the man who won the first road race of the season at Sonoma, Kasey Kahne! Be still my cougar heart!! I promise I'll take loads of pictures! Meantime, check out my facebook page for hius video. What a cutie!!
Susan

2 comments:

Toni V.S. said...

Have a good trip! My former landlady's son worked for Tony Stuart so there were lots of NASCAR souvenirs around the house!

Susan St. Thomas said...

The TV experts predict Tony will win on Sunday, but I'm pulling for Kasey and his team owner, Richard Petty.