Tuesday, April 21, 2009

What's next




If you've been following my facebook blurbs, I've been focused on hammering out the sequel to MELTDOWN, LOVE LIKE YOU"RE DYING, and I haven't commented too much on the reception of MELTDOWN. That's because I won't get any numbers for a time. I can get an idea of print book sales, though, by following Barnes and Nobles online. My sister can tell you it's irratically moved around the ranking. I phone her several times daily.

One place I found a numerical ranking was a website called Fictionwise. They sell e-books exclusively. Now remember, tell friends to BUY my print book or ebook from my publisher, The Wild Rose Press. They are the ones who supported me, and we need to support them.

Okay. Here's some e-book sales numbers: One day in March, MELTDOWN ranked #125 out of 9946 romance titles. I nearly fell out of my swivel chair. I still don't know what that means, but at least it wasn't at the bottom of the list. On the same website, compared to my fellow authors at TWRP, it ranked as #7. That made my day!

So I decided to do a little advertising. I contacted my favorite ladies at LASR. They made a beautiful banner. Check it out on their website:
http://www.longandshortreviews.com/LASR/interviews.htm
Treat yourself and read the reviews. Summer's around the corner. Time to stock up.

The picture is of a special get-a-way place in the Adirondacks.
What would you do on that boulder? Fish? Dive off it? Write in your diary? Exchange secrets with your best friend?
Make a comment!

Happy Mother's Day!
Susan

9 comments:

Barbie Jo Mahoney said...

The Adirondaks is one of my favorite places to go!! And that picture is beautiful!!!! I think I'd be sitting on that rock either writing in a journal, reading a good book (meltdown) or just breathing deep the fresh air - taking it all in on one fantastic daydream!!

I could go on and on and on..... but blogger might object!

Take care Susan!! Great reviews on Meltdown!! Congrats!

Susan St. Thomas said...

Blogger may object, but you know I would love to hear those stories, chickie. Thanks for stopping by to say hi!

Unknown said...

Wow---gorgeous hideaway, gorgeous lady and great reviews. Wish I were there to celebrate with you!
Definitely a great rock from which to reflect on your life and to make plans for the future while enjoying a nice glass of Chardonnay. ;-) What an inspirational setting. Remember to smell the roses(and eat the chocolate and drink the wine) Susan! Luv ya girl!!
XOXO

Susan St. Thomas said...

Love you too JP!

Unknown said...

Show me some love on MySpace sugah!

Mary Ricksen said...

I'd just sit there and enjoy the view. Reading is for the front porch of that getaway cabin. Fishing is for the rowboat. Diving is for someone much younger then me. I'd be happy just listening to nature.
With a big fresh, crisp, sweet apple.

Susan St. Thomas said...

You're not too old to dive, Mary.
The cabin does have a front porch with a three-cushioned glider. You can read or take a nap. We fished for rainbow trout and large mouth bass in the river. The sunsets are amazing.

Sassy Brit @ Alternative-Read.com said...

Hey,

Congratulations on doing so well with your book MELTDOWN.

May you have many more great successes ahead.

Hugs,

Sassy
Alternative-Read.com

Margaret Tanner said...

Hi Susan,
Congratulations on Meltdown doing so well. I wouldn't mind stopping by the cabin, sounds cozy.
Regards
Margaret